Tamed

I let him look at me.

All of a sudden I felt him there, in the doorway of my little kitchen, felt him looking at me, my skin tingling a bit where his gaze passed over me.
I hadn't heard him coming, though I was very aware of him moving around the apartment, very aware of his presence there with me. Aware of him moving around, looking at things, taking in my home with all of his senses. I had been inexplicably nervous about him coming here, had cleaned up very thoroughly and tried to see my home as he would see it. Inexplicably; because I am not one to be fazed easily.

And now he was standing there in the doorway of my kitchen looking at me.
And I let him look without acknowledging his presence there; leaning casually against the doorway.
Much to my surprise I let him look at me working, grinding coffeebeans or whatever I was doing. Refusing to turn my head, meet his eyes and break the moment, when I suddenly got the impression that he knew, that *I knew* he was looking at me. I turned and looked him in the eye, letting the moment pass.

I still wonder what he saw.

Comments

Fresh said…
Who is the tamed one?
You or him?
kyllyan said…
@fresh:
*and* i have done a lousy blog-job if there was any doubt about who was tamed :)
kyllyan said…
nope. auto-hypnotized into tranquility :)
kyllyan said…
Boring ? Naaaah. He knows how to untame me if he wants to.
Fresh said…
Interesting.
What would he benefit from doing that?
kyllyan said…
@fresh:
That's surely his business =).
I know *I* would have fun.
Fresh said…
Mabye *he* don't like having fun?
Well. Tell him how fun it would be, and then he'll probably untame you.
kyllyan said…
@fresh:
everybody likes to have fun.
And he will untame me. When he wants to, and not because I tell him so.
Fresh said…
He sounds like a douche!
Dump him and go for a real man instead.

Popular posts from this blog

Two years ago

What's on my mind 9