40 years of Barolo

I have been looking forward to this day since  Sunday.
I have been invited to a wine-tasting in Cortona, more precisely "40 years of Barolo" hosted by Fontanafredda (admittedly not maker of the best Barolos but I will.... you know, sacrifice myself and taste them anyway =).

The wines I am bound to swoon over are the following (and obviously I love the thought of wines being older than I am) :
Barolo 1967
Barolo la Rosa 1978
Barolo la Rosa 1982
Barolo la Rosa 1996
Barolo la Rosa 2004

and the menu is based on white truffles. Only catch is; I don't like truffles. Neither the white ones nor the black ones. I can't wait to *learn* to appreciate them, I love the thought of food that I don't like now, but that I might appreciate in a few years as my taste changes. I didn't always like beer for example, and I am still learning to appreciate mushrooms, there's a small issue with the... feel of them in my mouth. Tonight might be a good chance to try *yet* again the much-hyped truffles. 

And even if I don't like them, there's still the company of fab friends and wonderful wines to enjoy.
Have a good day, I intend to

Comments

Anonymous said…
Er meget misundelig - jeg elsker (også) Barolo.

Til gengæld var jeg i denne uge til en smagning, hvor vi fik virkeligt udsøgte spanske vine - bl.a. fra Somontano og Ribera de Douro ...
kyllyan said…
@shemale:
ja, ikke ? Jeg glaeder mig osse helt vildt. Jeg ved ikke saa meget om spanske vine, jeg var helt vilde med et par Rioja'er som jeg har faaet, men Rioja er jo et vidt begreb, det er lidt som at sige Chianti.
Der er osse dèt at det er lidt svaert at finde udenlandske vine i Italien, de er meget snobber hvad dèt angaar.=)

Popular posts from this blog

Two years ago

Making a new friend

Tamed