Rant

I think I might be reaching the limit of what I will take bicycle-wise. This morning, going to work, i found a baby on the route to work. Quietly sitting there in his pacifier and nappies in the middle of the road. His mother was chatting to another woman a few feet away. Not even noticing people going by, swearing loudly as they passed her (apparently) not-very-important baby.

I realize I am rambling on about my bike a lot, but it is a very important break to me. Going to work in the morning along the river, enjoying the landscape, the water and the weather used to be a pleasure. Coming back from work helped me de-stress and unwind and I would usually come home relaxed and a little more mellow.
Now (probably with the heat and the summertime) it is a sodding obstacle-race. I ring my bell and squeeze my turtle (yeah, I've got one) to make noise, but people will be standing still in the middle of the road, speaking to their friends. Or letting dogs loose to have a nice run. Or get rid of babies =).

Anyway. Rant over. I've still got chilled wine and barbecued chicken to mellow down with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two years ago

Making a new friend

Tamed