Detox

I have been on a detox "diet" since Friday. Actually it is the first time in my life that I watch what I eat, but as I definitely have a tendency to overindulge in anything good and felt a bit weak physically, I decided to give it a go.
So i had all "good" stuff from Friday morning til Tuesday morning.
Decoction of garlic (oh, my collegues loved that one =)), claywater,  and Sole made from Himalayan Salt. 
All this every morning on an empty stomach. The rest of the day I would eat only vegetables, fruit, cereal and legumes, no dairy products, meat or white bread. I drank my usual 3 l of water and added up with tea. No alcool, but yes I had my morning coffee. And I didn't lay off the cigarettes. Anyway. I am not a fanatic and I have never done it. I just ate what seemed right and threw in a few extras.
While it wasn't exactly funny (I love meat, pasta and fried stuff) it sure made a difference. I noted an improvement in all of my senses, it's hard to explain but I felt like I saw, heard and generally experienced everything in a more crystalline way. My sense of smell is sharpened and the world looks so ... sharp around the edges that I feel I could break it if I reach out and touch. I feel I have more energy and I need less sleep. And. My dreams are sooooooo vivid. All in all, this whole thing totally blows my mind. 

I quit the diet yesterday for fear of going overboard and for lust for meat =) - it was meant to be a diet, not a lifestyle.
And obviously I went out and poisoned myself immediately with a big bloody steak and a bottle of rustic chianti. (And it was heaven, I tell you.) It was fun trying and it was fabulous stopping; I'll surely do it again if I see the need to. Has any of you experience with detoxing or advice to share ?

Comments

Leoparddrengen said…
I have three times in the last half year taken a week where I more less lived on fruit, only, and some vegetables. And smoothies.

Not really a diet, but because I felt like I, my mind and body, felt like it.

And I have combined it with a good deal of physical excercise - more than normal, anyway.

And I have had much the same experience as you describe, and also a very nice adjustment of muscle/fat placement on my body.

So it is certainly also something I plan on continuing doing once in a while in the future.
kyllyan said…
@Leoboy:
Exactly; i'm not even sure I want to know precisely *what* I had to get rid of. But my body suggested I should do it and I did.

I already move some; I go to work by bicycle and while it is only 6-7 km back and forth I do it more for the fun of it than for the excercise. I am slightly underweight (and has been since I was 20) so I have no real motivation to work out. I rollerblade, dance and go everywhere by bike.
I wonder what would happen doing this for longer?
Leoparddrengen said…
I've also always been underweight (at least by normal standards, I felt fine about it), and also do get quite a lot of (acrdiovascular) excercise naturally (always walking a lot, and dancing a bigger lot); but when I want to be active about it I also do some running and play around with some weights.

I suspect part of my wish for this fruity week was the feeling that I wasn't quite so underweight, suddenly. And it was early January... - say no more?

I don't know how long you can keep it up for, and how long is healthy. I suspect if you do much more than a week you will have to more scientific about it, to avoid becoming malnourished.

Popular posts from this blog

Two years ago

Making a new friend

Tamed