Disclaimer

Let's get it out of the way as I see it coming:
The following is a description of a fraction of nightlife.
I was not influenced by drugs or anything stronger than 2 Cubanas. This might actually be true. So decide for yourself


I lived a rare moment of perfect happiness yesterday night. In a discoteque yes, (wonder of wonders, I lived a lot of joyous moments in clubs) but it never fails to hit me with the same sense of wonder and awe when all of a sudden I seem to see everything with this clarity.
I feel set apart, I feel a voyeur to all these beautiful people struggling to live, to breathe, to come to terms with this life, and that go to the clubs hoping to have fun, and maybe to meet that special someone.
Yesterday was special in that it was Halloween and I felt tenderness seeing the energy, the time that some people put into dressing up in beautiful and not so beautiful costumes (it being Halloween).
I wandered through the sweating crowd, just smelling my way, drifting with my awful drink in hand and letting people push and crush softly against me. I love to watch people and I love even more to watch them having a good time. I was perfectly at ease with myself, had even dressed down for the occasion (jeans, leather jacket, boots and a simple top) knowing already when I was getting ready, that I would go to dance, sweat and look at people as opposed to being the one they look at. Having worked this many years in clubs (17. As in seventeen years, whoa!) I feel sort of a veteran and am probably very much at ease anywhere. I look at young people in clubs with sincere tenderness, hoping that they have even just half the fun I had and that they spend their youth well, and knows how to pick their way wisely around alcool and drugs.

Anyway. There I was, with a perfectly idiotic, beatific smile on my face, sweaty from dancing, negotiating my route through the crowd, the music was perfect for a moment and I was surrounded by intriguing and almost erotic scents (sweat mingled with tobacco, a thousand different perfumes, incense and smoke from the smoke machines) and the soft pushing of warm bodies against me.
And I just wanted to embrace it all and all of the fighting humanity.
What luck I have.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wish I´d been there, - just for the embracing of you :D
kyllyan said…
@silhuet:
at least i would've had someone to share it with. My treat this time then =)
Anonymous said…
Ved egentlig ikke om jeg fik sagt det, jeg ville. Mit engelsk er ret ustabilt...

men ville ønske jeg havde været der, om ikke andet så for at få et knus af dig...

Var det det, jeg fik sagt?
:D
kyllyan said…
@silhuet:
Det var ihvertfald saadan jeg forstod det =). Saa same same

Popular posts from this blog

Two years ago

Making a new friend

Tamed