Anticipating Autumn

I tell myself I can already feel the autumn coming, but I know perfectly well that it isn't true. I see a few leaves falling and think happily about long autumn evenings in Denmark, hearing the wind howling outside and reading a good book while nursing a hot cup of tea. Or knitting. Or sowing. Or cooking the favourite foods of my love.

It rained all of last night. Was about bloody time too, pressure and humidity in the air has been building up over this past week. Nothing strange about that; I have been waiting and longing for this downpour to freshen up things a bit, it is still 29° at night. But my longing mind hastily jumps to conclusions; autumn is here and I'm late for leaving for Denmark.

Fact is I spent the whole day in the swimmingpool, came back now and is still dripping with sweat. Italy is still hot.
Fact is I will probably wish I was back here in three months' time; I'll want my Italian food, my Italian wine, my friends and the easygoing charm that Italians have.
Fact is I'll probably freeze my bee-hind of in cold Denmark, that I'm not that good at knitting and that my love doesn't care much about food.

But these are all the musings of my rational mind. Those might be facts, but I have bloody good feelings about coming back. And I can't wait. My vacations are over as of today and now work starts. The whole tedious process of collecting my life of 15 years in Italy, packing it up and shipping it back to Denmark, can begin. And I am ever so optimistic. I promised myself to try and keep up with blogging a bit more as I think the whole process might be challenging and sort of fun to read of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two years ago

Making a new friend

What's on my mind 9