DIY care

Since Friday I have been enjoying a few days of no work, and it has been *fabulous*. I cleaned the whole apartment Friday and awarded myself with a nice big dinner of chicken and spinach (cooked the Italian way, mmmmm) afterwards. I went to bed early and got up Saturday to go pick up my older brother who visited from Jylland. We had a lovely day, a big brunch and ended up nerding design right 'till he had to catch the train again in the evening. I took him to the station and bought a few books (photography, erotica and the secret Memoirs of Lord Byron) on my way back home. Udsalg. Mmmmmm.

I came home, cooked dinner and sat down to watch tv, when suddenly I realized, I want something new to happen. For me it is a classic: whenever I am going through big changes, I want it to manifest on the outside too.
So, I have been thinking about cutting my hair for a long time now, it is in dire need of care but I kept thinking to myself it would be too much of a clichè. But all of a sudden I could wait no more, and having to wait for Monday to get a haircut was impossible. So I researched the Interwebs a bit on DIY haircuts, and then I got up and did it.
I cut my long hair into long layers and I am soooooooooooooo happy about it =). Victory!
At one point in the process (and it was quite a long one) I started wavering a bit, I cut off some 5 cm in places and all of a sudden, I imagined not being able to get it straight on both sides, ending up taking off a bit here, then a bit there, but too much, ooooops, snip snip here and I pictured myself with very short hair. But I managed and I love my new, light, bouncier hair. It really worked wonders for volume too.
Today I slept 'til late, waxed my legs, took a long walk (anybody else notice that birds are singing out there?) cooked myself a big bloody steak and here I am, glass of wine, candles lit and Billie Holiday crooning longingly.

I am starting to feel like myself again.
I have wanted to call the one I lost with all this time on my hands and feeling so laidback and relaxed. But I suspect that I feel so laidback *exactly* because he's not around, and what more is; I wouldn't be able to resist kissing him a little bit (and he could kiss, oh boy), what with my new sexy hair and my smooth legs. I really think we're through and that this one-month-pause will lead to the end for us. I am not angry with him anymore, he did what he could, as best he could and I have no hard feelings for him.
But surely calling him now won't make this whole thing easier, even if Billie Holiday gets to me.
Better change the music or go straight to bed with Lord Byron =), tomorrow is another day of me, me, me.


Update:
I should have gone to bed indeed. My flatmate came home w girlfriend and they proceeded to making love in his room, just a few metres from here. Aaarrrgh.........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two years ago

Making a new friend

Tamed